Soundtrack to a Headrush is the debut album by the post-hardcore band Emanuel. It was released on March 15, 2005 by Vagrant Records. The album had 2 singles, "The Willing" and "Make Tonight". "The Willing" was a successful single, with the video getting many plays on stations such as FUSE, while "Make Tonight" did not do as well.
*The song "Hey Man!" is featured on the soundtrack for Burnout Revenge and also on the soundtrack for The Fast and the Furious.
* Mat Barber – lead guitar, backup vocals
* Anthony Brock – drums
* Matt Breen – vocals, rhythm guitar
* Bryan Whiteman – bass
Category:Vagrant Records albums
es:Soundtrack to a HeadrushThis text has been derived from Soundtrack to a Headrush on Wikipedia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0
Emanuel is a four-piece rock band from Louisville Kentucky, United States. They formed in 1998 under their lesser-known name Emanuel Nice and appeared on four releases, before getting signed to Vagrant Records and changing their name in 2004. Since, they have released their debut album Soundtrack to a Headrush and a second album Black Earth Tiger.
The roots of the band Emanuel go back to Jeffersonville, Indiana, a town located just outside of Louisville, Kentucky. After 14-year-old high school students Matt Breen and Bryan Whiteman met Anthony Brock and Mat Barber (who attended a rivalling school in their hometown) at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, the quartet decided to form the garage band Emanuel Nice in 1998. They recorded their rather inept eight-song debut EP Hi-Skool Trivia in December 1998. The CD was issued the following year through the German underground record label Roddog Records, which was run by friends of the band. In the following years, while still in high school, Emanuel Nice appeared on two split records — one with New Jersey's already renowned Lanemeyer, another with the German punk band Colourbone — before recording their second EP, Wait, in 2002. However, none of the releases triggered the desired local stardom.
In 2004, Emanuel shortened their band name, in conjunction with the musical renovation they underwent. Even though their line-up never changed throughout the six years since the band's formation, their sound evolved drastically from "poppy and terrible, it's kind of embarrassing", as singer/guitarist Breen put it, to a darker, more mature blend of indie and emo genres. With cynical lyrics and aggressive guitar melodies, the band's new sound landed them a record deal with Vagrant Records, who released their debut album Soundtrack to a Headrush in March 2005.
In March 2006, Emanuel played an arena tour of the US supporting 30 Seconds to Mars with Aiden and Keating.
In January 2007, the band entered the studio to begin recording the follow-up to Soundtrack to a Headrush, titled Black Earth Tiger. The album was released on the 28th of August, 2007.
The band declined the rumors circulating that they were breaking up recently in a Myspace bulletin.
Breen was originally going to be the singer for Brian Deneeve, former guitarist of From Autumn To Ashes' new project called Summer Law, but the project has since been scrapped. After many problems such as debt, band tension, lack of promotion/record sales and other problems, Matt Breen has stated that he is 'writing a lot' for a future Emanuel release. He also mentioned in a myspace blog that the band has their tour banner and equipment set up in a basement and they rehearse occasionally. The band is generally assumed by fans to be on indefinite hiatus though. It is rumored that Matt Breen and musician Devin Triplett are working on a new musical project. The bands website, Thisisemanuel.com, is shut down and is no longer a working website.
Relation with PETA
The band have done some interviews for PETA. They have talked about their support of PETA's causes, especially the stopping of testing products on animals and killing animals for clothes.
The band did an interview for ManiaTV, as artist of the day and another one for TasteitTv during the warped tour 06, as well as host Steven Untitled Rock Show on FUSE after the release of Soundtrack To A Headrush.
* Matt Breen – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
* Mat Barber – lead guitar, vocals
* Bryan Whiteman – bass guitar
* Anthony Brock – drums, percussion
* Soundtrack to a Headrush (2005)
* Black Earth Tiger (2007)
* Hi-Skool Trivia (1999, as Emanuel Nice)
* Lanemeyer/Emanuel Nice Split (2000 split album with Lanemeyer, as Emanuel Nice)
* Steinbach2Clarksville (Colourbone/Emanuel Nice Split) (2000, as Emanuel Nice)
* Wait (2002, as Emanuel Nice)
* Emanuel (2004, Vagrant Records)
* Acoustic (2007)
* "Medusa" and "Disarm" – released on the Japanese version of Soundtrack to a Headrush (2005)
* The Stooges' "Search and Destroy" (cover) – released on the original soundtrack to Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (2005)
* "Mayonaise" – released on The Killer in You: A Tribute to Smashing Pumpkins (2006)
* "Viscera" – released on the ATV Offroad Fury 4 soundtrack (2006)
* "Scenotaph (DJA Infected Remix)" – released on the Resident Evil: Extinction soundtrack (2007)
*"Hey Man!" – featured on the Burnout Revenge (2005), The Fast and the Furious (2006) soundtracks and In Honor: A Compilation to Beat Cancer.
* "Kryptonite (I'm on It)" – released on Punk Goes Crunk (2008)
* "The Willing" featured on Punk the clock, vol 2.
* "Soundtrack to a Headrush" featured on alternative times, vol. 60.
*Breathe Underwater (Acoustic) Released online.
# This text has been derived from Emanuel (band) on Wikipedia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License 3.0